There is a Blue-Green algae advisory issued for Goose Lake. Some spots in the lake have been identified as blue-green algae and residents living near the shore, as well as visitor to this lake are advised to take the following precautions.
Avoid all contact with the algae and if contact occurs, wash with tap water as soon as possible. Do not swim or walk in any areas where it is visible. Do not feed whole fish or fish trimmings from this lake to your pets and consider limiting human consumption of fish.
People who come into contact with the blue-green algae or who ingest it may experience skin irritation, rash, sore throat, sore red eyes, swollen lips, fever, nasea and vomiting or diarrhea. Symptoms usually appear within one to three hours and resolve in one to two days.
Areas of Goose Lake where the blue-green algae is not visible can still be used for recrational puposes. If you suspect a problem related to the algae or want further information on health concerns, please call the Health Link at 811.