Whitecourt RCMP have charged two people with a string of drug charges, including drug trafficking, after seizing over $84,000 worth of drugs and cash.
On November 30th, Whitecourt RCMP General Investigations section, with the assistance of the Whitecourt RCMP Detachment as well as the KDIV Police Dog Service Unit, simultaneously executed 2 Controlled Drugs and Substances Act search warrants at 2 separate residences in Whitecourt.
As a result, $21,000 in cash, a significant amount of drugs, various drug paraphernalia, and weapons were seized, including:
• 14 ounces Cocaine – Street Value: $40,000
• 56 grams powder Ecstasy – Street Value: $4,480
• 91 Ecstasy Pills – Street Value: $1,400
• 304 Grams Dried Cannabis – Street Value: $6,080
• 50 ml Cannabis Oil – Street Value: $50
• 104 Grams psilocybin (Magic Mushrooms) – Street Value: $2,080
• 85 Grams Shatter – Street Value: $8,500
• 11 Fentanyl Pills – Street Value: $110
• 2 Grams Methamphetamine – Street Value: $200
• 1 Gram Heroin – Street Value: $280
• 12 Oxycodone – Street Value: $360
The combined street value of the drugs and cash was approximately $84, 745.84.
33-year-old Russell John Wilson and 25-year old Kayla Joy Lightening have each been charged with 3 counts of possession of a controlled substance, 3 counts of trafficking in a controlled substance, 3 counts of possession of a controlled substance for the purpose of trafficking, 1 count of possession of proceeds of crime over $5000, 1 count of possession of cannabis for the purpose of unlawfully distributing it and 1 count of distributing cannabis that they knew was illicit cannabis.
They have both been released from custody and are scheduled to appear in Whitecourt Provincial Court on December 11, 2018.
If you have information about this incident, please call the Whitecourt RCMP at 780-779-5900 or call your local police. If you want to remain anonymous, you can contact Crime Stoppers by phone at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS).