Parkland RCMP have charged individuals from Spruce Grove with drug offences in separate drug investigations.
On July 8th, 2020, at approximately 5:20 p.m, the Parkland Drug Unit along with Parkland RCMP members, conducted a traffic stop on a vehicle in Spruce Grove in relation to a drug investigation.
A search of the vehicle was conducted and a large amount of illicit cannabis and other drugs were located and seized, including:
• $7440.00 of Canadian Currency
• 17 grams – High-Terpene Full Spectrum Extract (HTFSE)
• 120 grams – Cannabis-Infused Candy
• 16 grams – Distillates
• 110,000 milligrams or 110 grams – THC Vape Oil
• 12 grams – Shatter
• 81.3 grams – Dried Cannabis
• 2 OxyContin Tablets
Chad Harker (21) and William Chandler (19), both from Spruce Grove, were arrested and charged with the following charges:
• Section 9(2) Cannabis Act – Possession for the Purpose of Distributing
• Section 354(1)(A) Criminal Code – Possession of property obtained by crime over $5000
Both are scheduled to appear in Stony Plain Provincial Court on October 7, 2020.
In a separate ongoing drug investigation, on September 9th, 2020, at approximately 4:00 p.m, the Parkland Drug Unit executed a search warrant at a residence in Spruce Grove.
The following was seized during the investigation:
• 35.2 grams of methamphetamine – approximate street value of $3520.00
• 18 grams of cocaine – approximate street value of $2160.00
• 2 bottles of suspected GHB, containing approximately 300ml – approximate street value of $600.00
• $2985.00 Canadian Currency
• Brass Knuckles
Chanelle Vandal-Lauman (25) of Spruce Grove, was charged with the following:
• Controlled Substance Act – Possession for the purpose of trafficking cocaine
• Controlled Substance Act – Possession for the purpose of trafficking methamphetamine
• Controlled Substance Act – Possession for the purpose of trafficking GHB, also known as Gamma-hydroxybutyrate
• Possession of property obtained by crime under $5000
• Possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose
Chanelle Vandal-Lauman was released to appear in Stony Plain Provincial Court on Sept. 30, 2020.
The Parkland RCMP says they are committed to keeping their communities safe. Members of the public who suspect drug activity in their community are encouraged to contact their local RCMP detachment.