A man from Barrhead is facing charges after being arrested in Acheson for firearms offences and outstanding warrants.
At 1:30 am on September 29th, Parkland RCMP were called to the Glowing Embers Park after receiving information about a male in possession of a loaded shotgun at the location.
The suspect was known by police to have multiple warrants for his arrest, including fleeing from police and dangerous driving. The suspect was arrested with assistance of Enoch RCMP, Police Dog Services, and EPS Air 1.
A loaded shotgun, 14.7 g of methamphetamine and various stolen items were located during a search of the suspect. While in police custody, the suspect damaged a police vehicle.
28-year-old Wade Sperling of Barrhead was charged with 10 offences, including:
• Unlawful possession of a firearm
• Unauthorized possession of a firearm in a motor vehicle
• Unsafe storage of a firearm
• Possession of a firearm while prohibited
• Resist arrest
• Unlawful possession of identity documents (x3)
• Possession of a controlled substance
Sperling was also arrested for his warrants out of Barrhead, Grande Prairie, and St. Albert.
He remains in custody for a court appearance in Stony Plain Provincial Court on October 7th.